Entertainment News

Jay Z’s lawyer claims ‘dozens’ of people can rebut rape allegation

Dimitrios Kabouris/Getty Images Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

lawyer Alex Spiro Claims multiple people are willing to come forward to address alleged inconsistencies in rape allegation Jay-Z.

“There are a lot of people who will say there are no parties in the ‘White House,'” Spiro told reporters. us weekly On Monday, December 16, I spoke with other reporters at a press roundtable held at Roc Nation’s New York City offices.

Spiro was referring to the unnamed woman known as Jane Doe who claims to own Jay-Z and Sean “Daddy” Combs In 2000, he raped her after an MTV Video Music Awards party.

Earlier this month, Diddy and Jay-Z, both 55, were named in a civil lawsuit in which a woman accused the two rappers of raping her when she was 13. Diddy is only mentioned in the filing, but lawyers tony buzbeeRepresentatives representing many of the people who claim to be victims of Diddy refiled documents on December 8 to include Jay-Z in the lawsuit.

Jay Z's lawyer shares new insight into rapper's reaction to rape allegation Systematic Mockery 220

Related: Jay-Z’s lawyer says rapper and Diddy’s relationship was purely professional

Jay-Z’s attorney Alex Spiro is clarifying his client’s relationship with Sean “Diddy” Combs. “Mr. Carter has nothing to do with Mr. Combs’ case or Mr. Combs. They have known each other professionally for many years,” Spiro told Us Weekly during a roundtable with the media on Monday, December and other journalists […]

Jay-Z and Diddy have both refuted the accusations, and the Roc Nation founder has filed a motion to dismiss the civil lawsuit.

On Monday, Spiro began the roundtable by saying that Jay-Z “did not rape children,” before delivering a speech detailing the alleged holes in the accuser’s story.

The woman came forward last week to acknowledge the inconsistencies in her account but stood by her story. One of the inconsistencies was her description of the house where the incident allegedly occurred. Buzbee and his team said they are trying to determine the location described by the woman. Spiro criticized Buzbee on Monday.

Jay Z's lawyer claims dozens are ready to address rape allegation and alleged location 271
Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Roc Nation

“You can see now that things are starting to unravel and the truth is coming out and he’s starting to move away from it,” Spiro claimed. “He said, ‘Oh, I’m sorry. This case was referred to our firm by another firm, so I didn’t really get into it. That’s basically what he said, right? He made this accusation and attacked Mr. Carter’s integrity. The guy, and what he’s saying for himself right now is, ‘Well, I didn’t really check this out. I got a referral, so we’ll just take it.

Buzbee later responded to Spiro’s comments in a statement us.

“The client was contracted and referred to our firm by another law firm. That law firm drafted the initial complaint,” he said Monday. “However, four people from our firm also interviewed the client and checked the details after accepting the referral. A background check was conducted on the client. We also hired an experienced investigator to review some of the details she disclosed to us. .These results are consistent with what our customers have told us.

Buzbee continued, “We sent a letter to Mr. Carter’s attorney and offered to sit down and discuss the allegations in confidence. Rather than accept the offer, Mr. Spiro chose to file a public lawsuit charging me personally with racketeering. He made This claim is made because he knew we had no claim for money at all and it was out in the public domain. Additionally: There were at least three people in our company before Mr. Carter’s amended complaint was filed. The attorney interviewed the client. The client also signed two separate affidavits. Our client remains committed to being a bully. Our actions are beyond reproach and will continue to be. . We will raise in due course some extremely disturbing behavior by our opponents.

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).

Brody Brown reports

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button