Jay-Z accused of raping 13-year-old with Diddy in 2000: Civil lawsuit

Jay-Z.
(Photo by Timothy Nwachukwu/Getty Images)Jay-Z Accused of rape in civil lawsuit Sean “Daddy” Combs.
The rapper (real name Shawn Carter) is accused of allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl in 2000 with Combs, 55, according to NBC News. She claimed the attack happened at a party at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The lawsuit was originally filed in October in the Southern District of New York, naming Combs only as a defendant. However, the filing was refiled on Sunday, December 8, and included Jay-Z. However, Texas attorney Tony Buzvee refiled the document on Sunday, December 8, which included Jay-Z, 55.
“My attorney received an extortion attempt, called a demand letter, from an ‘attorney’ named Tony Buzbee. What he calculated was that the nature of the accusations was that public scrutiny would make me want to settle ,” Jay-Z said in a statement. us weekly Denies the charges. “No sir, that has the opposite effect! It makes me want to expose your fraud in a very public way. So no, I won’t give you a penny!!
“The nature of these accusations is so outrageous, I beg you to file criminal charges, not civil lawsuits! Whoever commits this type of crime against a minor should be locked up, don’t you agree?” Jay-Z said in a statement us weekly Denies the charges. “If true, these alleged victims will receive true justice.” (Jay-Z’s statement was also shared via Roc Nation’s official Instagram account.)
“My attorney received an extortion attempt, called a demand letter, from an ‘attorney’ named Tony Buzbee. What he calculated was that the nature of the accusations was that public scrutiny would make me want to Reconciliation,” Jay-Z’s statement continued. “No sir, that has the opposite effect! It makes me want to expose your fraud in a very public way. So no, I won’t give you a penny!!
Buzbee has filed lawsuits on behalf of several of Diddy’s victims; he has previously claimed to represent at least 120 victims of the disgraced mogul.
us Didi’s attorney has also been contacted for comment.
“This amended complaint, along with the recent racketeering lawsuit against Mr. Buzbee, exposes his series of lawsuits against Mr. Combs for what they are: shameless publicity stunts designed to steal money from celebrities who fear their lies will be spread. Getting paid there, like a lie. us. “As his legal team has stated previously, Mr. Combs is confident in the facts and the integrity of the judicial process. In court, the truth will prevail: Mr. Combs has never sexually assaulted or trafficked anyone — a man or woman, adult or minor.
In October, Buzbee told TMZ that he had sent demand letters to more celebrities who would be sued along with Diddy.
“I think I’ll let the lawsuit speak for itself,” the lawyer said in an Oct. 7 interview. “Everyone is looking at what other celebrities are involved in, who’s going to be named, who’s going to be exposed – I don’t think that’s going to happen this week. I’m hoping there will be some lawsuits filed this week.
Jay-Z’s response to the current lawsuit reportedly comes after an unnamed male celebrity filed a lawsuit against the lawyer and his company last month for “shameless attempts to extort exorbitant amounts of money from him, or Publicly leveling horrifying and extremely false accusations against him.” Court documents obtained by CNN.
The plaintiff filed a complaint against Buzbee in the Los Angeles Supreme Court on November 18 in the name of “John Doe.”
Doe alleges in the filing that Buzbee and his company “threatened to publish completely fabricated and obscene sexual assault claims,” including “multiple incidents of rape of minors, both male and female,” if their clients “refuse to comply with their demands.” ”.
Didi was arrested in September on charges of conspiracy to commit racketeering, forcible sex trafficking, fraud or coercion and transportation for prostitution. Since his arrest, alleged victims have begun filing lawsuits against him, alleging past sexual assaults, drug use and threats of violence. As he awaits a criminal trial in May 2025, Didi maintains his innocence and denies all civil charges against him.